How To Reheat A Burrito
The classic Mexican roll has found its way into the kitchens of many households. The burrito is a delicious dish, and it's even better when reheated properly. However, reheating a burrito isn't as easy as throwing it in the microwave.
If you're looking to reheat your burrito perfectly, so it tastes just as delicious as the day it was made, we have the perfect method for you.
Reheating A Burrito On The Stove - Without The Fillings
Burrito may look like a simple, quick snack. However, there are a lot of things that go into making one. Think fillings, sauces, and even the different types of tortillas (wrap)! All these factors play a role in how your burrito will reheat.
So, what's the best way to reheat a burrito? Well, we love reheating the fillings and wrap separately! This way, your wrap won't become soggy, and your fillings will stay nice and hot.
Here's what you need to do:
- Heat an iron-cast non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- You can add a dash of olive oil or butter (optional).
- Place the tortilla (burrito wrap) on the skillet and heat for about two minutes on each side.
- For the fillings, you can sauté them in the same skillet or reheat them in the microwave. Once everything is hot, you can start assembling your burrito. And enjoy!
Reheating A Whole Burrito (With Fillings Intact)
If you're short on time or just don't feel like taking out all the fillings, you can reheat your burrito with everything intact. The key is to use foil, so your tortilla doesn't dry out. There are different methods to reheat a burrito with the fillings intact. Let's go through each of them.
However, before proceeding with any of these methods below, make sure that your burrito is out of the fridge at least 30 minutes beforehand. Allow to reach room temperature.
Steps To Reheat A Burrito In The Oven
- Preheat your oven to 225° F.
- Wrap the burrito loosely in tinfoil.
- Place the wrapped burrito on a baking sheet and toss it in the oven.
- Heat for about 20-30 minutes or until the burrito is heated through.
Steps To Reheat A Burrito In The Microwave
This is the quickest method, but it doesn't always work well. Compared to the oven method, reheating your burrito in the microwave may result in uneven heating. However, it's always better than nothing, so let's look at the steps.
- Place the burrito on a microwave-safe plate.
- Loosely cover the burrito with damp paper towels. Yes, use damp paper towels. It can make a huge difference.
- Reheat in the microwave for 30-second intervals until heated through.
Steps To Reheat A Burrito In The Air Fryer
Are you looking for a way to crisp up your burrito? If so, then the air fryer is the way to go. This appliance is becoming increasingly popular because it's quick and doesn't require a lot of oil. Here are the steps:
- Preheat your air fryer to 325° F.
- For this method, you don't have to wrap your burrito.
- Simply place the burrito in the air basket and drizzle some oil on top.
- Air fry for about 15 minutes. Check if the burrito wrap has turned crispy and golden.
- If not, air fry for a few minutes more.
How To Store A Burrito?
If you have leftovers or want to meal prep, it's important to know how to store your burrito properly. The best way to store a burrito is in the fridge, where it can last up to four days.
To store a burrito, you must wrap it tightly in aluminum foil or place it in an airtight container. If you're using a freezer-safe bag, squeeze out as much air as possible before sealing the bag.
You can also freeze your burrito for up to six months. However, it's best to use a frozen burrito within 3 months for the best quality. When freezing, we recommend not adding any sauces or condiments. These can make your burrito soggy when reheated.
To reheat a frozen burrito, follow the same steps as above. The only difference is that you'll need to reheat it for longer. Or, you can take the burrito out of the freezer the night before and let it thaw in the fridge. It'll make reheating quicker and easier.
When reheating, ensure that your burrito is piping hot all the way through. Don't hesitate to reheat for a longer time if needed.