How to Reheat a Chipotle Burrito
Reheating anything feels like a task because the food isn’t fresh and as delicious as it would have been new. Warming up a burrito is an even bigger task if you don’t know the right way to do it. Whether it’s a takeaway order or you have too much left from your Chipotle meal, you now have to face the burden of reheating your Chipotle burrito.
With a diverse ingredient list that includes rice, lettuce, sour cream, tomatoes, guac, etc., you’re unsure which tastes better when reheated or kept cold. Leftover Chipotle burritos are great for a go-to brunch the next day, so let’s find out how you can reheat them and enjoy the meal!
How to Reheat a Chipotle Burrito
Perhaps you have a stovetop but not a microwave, and you’re looking to heat your Chipotle burrito from last night. There are several ways to reheat your Chipotle burritos that make use of various types of appliances; here are a few:
Using a Microwave
Is your microwave a go-to method because of its convenience when reheating leftovers? Well, you can use it to warm up your Chipotle burrito too. It may not be the best, but if you’re late for work, a microwave is the best option. These are the steps to follow if you’re reheating burritos in the microwave:
- Place the burrito on a plate that’s ceramic or anything microwave-friendly.
- Put in your plate of burritos and set the microwave for 1 minute. After the timer ticks, let it sit for a couple more seconds to let the heat distribute thoroughly.
- Do this again for another minute and let your Chipotle burrito sit inside for a few 20-30s.
- If the fillings inside are all warmed up, then your burrito is ready. The temperature of the meal should be about 165° F.
Using an Oven
If you ask any burrito enthusiast what their favorite way to reheat their leftover Chipotle burrito is, they would probably say, “oven.” It isn’t just a convenient but also a better method because the burritos quickly become crisp. If you don’t want to worry about them getting soggy while reheating, these are the steps you should follow when using the oven.
- Your oven must be preheated at a degree of 225° F.
- Put your refrigerated burrito on an aluminum foil sheet and wrap it around loosely.
- Place the aluminum-wrapped burrito on an oven tray and put it inside the oven for just over 30 mins.
- Put your hands inside oven mitts or use a cloth to take out the burrito safely. Ensure that the burrito is heated thoroughly. You can use a thermometer to do this and check the interior's temperature. If the thermometer says 165° F, it’s good to go.
- Leave the burrito to cool for a few minutes, and you can unwrap your leftover gift and enjoy your meal.
Using a grill
A burrito is a delicious snack, but if it’s grilled, that takes it to another level. So get your leftover Chipotle burrito and get your grill ready. Follow these steps to m efficiently reheat your burrito on a grill:
- Preheat your grill for about five mins with its cover closed.
- Unwrap your burrito and place it on the grill directly.
- You can heat it up for about 5-10 minutes on medium or low heat. Make sure you flip it over after a few minutes or until you notice the burrito is reheated thoroughly and the cheese is melting.
- If you want to prevent your reheated Chipotle burrito from not being brown so easily, you can place the foldable edges under a piece of foil.
- To ensure your burrito is done, you can use a thermometer to check its temperature. If it’s reached 165° F, then it’s ready to eat.
Using a Stove Top
If you’re living minimally and don’t have any ovens or microwaves in your kitchen, you can use your go-to stove top. It’s an easy method to reheat your burrito. Just follow these steps, and you can enjoy your meal:
- Fill a pot with water, about two inches from the bottom, and place it on the stove.
- Turn on medium heat and heat the pot of water.
- Make sure the burrito is wrapped in aluminum foil and put it inside the pot within the water.
- Warm it like this for about 3 mins.
- Switch the stove off and let the wrapped Chipotle burrito sit for another 3-5 mins.
- Take it out from the pot, unwrap and relish your meal.
Using an Air Fryer
Air fryers are not as standard as the other appliances, but if you have one, it can still be helpful. If you want to reheat your Chipotle burrito using an air fryer, you can:
- Put your frozen tortilla meal in the air fryer’s basket.
- Adjust the timer to just 5 mins.
- Switch on your fryer and let it cool before you take it out.
- If you want to add more crispness, you can leave it for a longer time.
If you have a leftover Chipotle burrito in the fridge, it’ll be good for about 3 days if you freeze it immediately. Allowing it to chill in the open will expose it longer to air, and this will cause bacteria to grow faster.
You can follow the above methods by undergoing each step with caution. Conveniently reheat your Chipotle burrito and appreciate its savory and wholesome taste.