How To Reheat Fries In Air Fryer
There are few things more delicious than a big plate of piping hot fries, but what happens when you can't finish them all? Can you reheat fries and still enjoy that same great taste and texture? Yes, you absolutely can!
In fact, if done in the right way, reheating your fries will allow you to enjoy that same deliciousness all over again. This is where an air fryer comes in!
Air fryers are considered the best way to reheat your fries, or any fried items for that matter, as they help to keep that crispy exterior while still heating up the insides. They're able to do this by circulating hot air around the food, which essentially 'fries' them all over again without any oil.
Here's how you can do it:
Reheating Fries In An Air Fryer - Step-By-Step Guide
- Preheat your air fryer to 350° F.
- Spread your fries in a single layer on the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Just dip in your creamy sauce or enjoy as is!
If you don't have an air fryer, you can also reheat your fries in the oven. Preheat it to 400° F and place your fries on a baking sheet. Then, bake for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
Next, there's the microwave, but it's important to note that they won't come out as crispy this way. However, the best way to do it is to pour a little vegetable oil over your fries and then microwave them for about 2-3 minutes.
What Are The Benefits Of Reheating Fries In An Air Fryer?
If you own one of the trendiest kitchen appliances on the market, you might as well put it to good use! Yes, we're talking about the air fryer.
Here are some of the benefits of reheating fries in an air fryer:
- Retain the texture: If you're looking for crispier fries, reheating them in an air fryer is the way to go.
- It's a healthier option: Since air fryers don't require oil to cook, it's healthier than using a deep fryer.
- It's faster than other methods: Reheating your fries in an air fryer is faster than using the oven or stovetop.
- Easy to use: Air fryers are very easy to use, even for those new to cooking. After all, you just have to put your food in the basket and let it cook with just a press of a button!
- Perfect for small batches: If you only have a few fries left, reheating them in an air fryer is the perfect way to enjoy them without wasting any food!
Are There Any Disadvantages Of Reheating Fries In An Air Fryer?
Honestly, there aren't any disadvantages to reheating fries in an air fryer. Perhaps, just one (if we are to be really picky about it) - you'll have to work in batches if you have to reheat tons of leftover fries. That's because air fryers are typically small.
But if that's the only disadvantage, then we'd say that it's a pretty small price to pay for all of the other benefits!
Here are a few things you should keep in mind while reheating fries in an air fryer:
- Don't overcrowd the basket: If you try to reheat too many fries at once, they won't cook evenly and might come out soggy. So it's best to reheat them in batches.
- Check on them frequently: Unlike other methods, reheating fries in an air fryer doesn't take too long. So, check on them every few minutes to avoid burning them.
- Season them again: After reheating your fries, you might need to season them again with salt or your favorite spices. This will help to enhance the flavor.
- Let them cool down: Just like any other hot food, it's important to let your fries cool down for a few minutes before digging in. This will help to prevent burns.
What Can You Do With Reheated Fries?
Now that you have your freshly reheated fries, it's time to enjoy them! Here are some of our favorite ways to eat reheated fries:
- With ketchup: This is a classic for a reason! The sweetness of the ketchup pairs perfectly with the salty fries.
- With mayo: If you're from Belgium or the Netherlands, you know that mayo is the best dipping sauce for fries. Give it a try, and you'll see what we're talking about!
- With cheese: If you're looking for a cheesy snack, try dipping your fries in some melted cheese. You can also sprinkle on some grated cheese for an extra cheesy kick.
- With chili: This is a popular choice in the United States. The combination of chili and fries is simply heavenly.
- With curry: Another great way to enjoy your reheated fries is by dipping them in curry sauce. The spice of the curry will add an extra zing to your fries!