How To Reheat Meatloaf
Meat loaves are delicious, tender, and juicy straight out of the oven. But what about the next day? Is there a way to reheat meatloaf, so it's just as good as when it was first cooked?
The answer is yes!
Scroll down to learn the best ways to reheat meatloaf.
The Best Way To Reheat Meatloaf - In The Oven
The oven is easily the best way to reheat any leftover food. And meatloaf is no exception! It'll keep the meatloaf moist while also giving it a little bit of a crust on the outside. Of course, it's relatively time-consuming compared to other reheating methods, say about 30 minutes.
Here's how to do it:
- Preheat your oven to 225° -250° F, depending on how fast your oven heats up.
- Place your meatloaf on an oven-safe dish and add 1-2 tablespoons of meat stock or water.
- Cover the dish with tin foil and cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Check the internal temperature of the meatloaf with a digital thermometer to ensure it has reached 165° F.
- Remove from oven and let it rest for 3-5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- If you want a crispy outside, remove the foil after 25 minutes, and heat again for a few additional minutes.
Additional Methods To Reheat Meatloaf
Don't own an oven? Don't have the time to work with one? No worries! Check out these additional methods for reheating meatloaf.
This is a quick method that will take less than 10 minutes. Simply place your meatloaf slices in a skillet over medium heat and cook until warmed through. You can also add some beef stock or water to the pan to help keep the meat moist while it reheats.
Another way to reheat meatloaf on the stovetop is deep-frying. Heat some oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meatloaf slices and cook for about 2 minutes per side or until crisp and heated through. Drizzle some sauce on top, and enjoy!
The quickest, yet the trickiest, method to reheat meatloaf is in the microwave. If you're short on time and need to reheat your meatloaf stat, then go for it. But be warned, this method can result in dry and rubbery meatloaf if not done correctly.
Here's how to do it:
- Slice your meatloaf into small pieces, about 1-inch thick.
- Place the slices on a microwave-safe plate in a single layer without overcrowding.
- Cover the meatloaf with a damp paper towel and microwave on low heat for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Flip the slices over and microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
- Check the meatloaf's internal temperature to ensure it has reached 165° F.
- Serve immediately.
When reheating in the microwave, slice your meatloaf into small pieces. If you try to reheat a whole meatloaf or large slices, it will result in an uneven reheat.
This is a great way to reheat meatloaf if you want to keep it moist and tender. Simply place your meatloaf on a steamer basket over simmering water and cover it with a lid. Steam for about 5 minutes or until heated through.
If you own an air fryer, then you're in luck! The high heat of the air fryer will give your meatloaf a crispy exterior while keeping the inside moist and juicy.
To reheat in an air fryer, simply place your meatloaf slices in the basket and cook at 400° F for 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions On Reheating Meatloaf
Can You Reheat Meatloaf In The Oven?
Yes, you can reheat meatloaf in the oven. It's not the best method, but it will work in a pinch. Just follow the methods we've mentioned above, and it'll be good to go!
Can You Reheat Meatloaf More Than Once?
Generally, you can reheat meatloaf more than once. But is it recommended? Not really. The meat quality decreases with each reheat, so it's best to do it only once for safety reasons.
How Long Does It Take To Warm Up Meatloaf In The Oven?
The time taken to warm up meatloaf in the oven depends on what temperature you're reheating it at. Generally, it takes about 25-30 minutes at 225° - 250° F.
How Do You Moisten Dry Meatloaf?
It's easy. Add some beef stock or water to the pan when reheating on the stovetop or in the oven. It'll help rehydrate the meat and make it moist again.
You can also brush some BBQ sauce, ketchup, or other sauces on your meatloaf before or after reheating it.
How Long Does Cooked Meatloaf Stay Fresh In The Fridge?
Cooked meatloaf will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 4 days. Beyond that, it's best to freeze it for future use.