How To Reheat Nachos
Salty, crunchy, and packed with flavors- what's not to like about nachos! Plus, they're easy to make and can be customized to your liking. Whether you like them plain or topped with cheese, guacamoles, or salsa, nachos are always a hit.
However, their versatility is what makes them so difficult to reheat. Nachos can quickly become soggy, unappetizing, and charred if you're not careful. Overheating can also burn them and make them brittle. And let's not even get started on the toppings!
So, what's the right way to reheat nachos? We've mentioned the best methods below! So, check them out.
The key to reheating nachos is preparation. You must be careful with the toppings, or they'll make the chips soggy. It's best to remove all the cold toppings from the tortilla chips beforehand. These include diced veggies, greens, or spread and cheese. On the other hand, toppings such as meat or beans can stay.
In fact, even when it comes to storing leftover nachos, it's best to scrap off the toppings and store them in a separate container. You can either refrigerate or freeze them, depending on when you plan to reheat the nachos.
Once your nacho chips are reheated and crisp, you can add the leftover toppings or replace with fresh ones. This way, your nachos will taste as good as new!
How To Reheat Nachos In The Oven?
The oven is hands-down the best way to reheat nachos. It's a slow process, which means the nachos will heat up evenly and won't get charred. Plus, it doesn't require any special equipment or ingredients. All you need is some time and patience.
Here's how to reheat nachos in the oven:
- Preheat your oven to 300° F.
- If you're reheating the nachos with beans or meat toppings, stick to 250° F instead.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the tortilla chips evenly without overcrowding.
- You can also add some freshly grated cheese on top (optional).
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and let the nachos reheat for 10-15 minutes. Keep an eye on them, so they don't burn.
- Remove the nachos from the oven once they're heated through.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings.
How To Reheat Nachos In An Air Fryer?
The air fryer is one of the best appliances to have in your kitchen. It's a healthier alternative to deep-frying and can be used to cook up a variety of dishes, including nachos!
Reheating nachos in an air fryer is quick and easy. The only con? Well, it might not be big enough to reheat a large batch of nachos in one go! But other than that, it's the perfect appliance for the job.
Here's how to reheat nachos in an air fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer to 370° F.
- Remove all cold toppings from the chips.
- Spread the tortilla chips in the basket, making sure they're not overcrowded.
- Place the basket in the air fryer and cook for 5-7 minutes until the chips are hot and crispy.
- Once done, you can add your favorite toppings and serve immediately.
Other Ways To Reheat Nachos
When it comes to reheating anything with a crunchy texture, the oven and air fryer are always the best options. While the oven is a great way to reheat large batches of nachos, the latter is quick and hassle-free!
But what if you don't have either appliance? Don't worry; there are other ways to reheat nachos.
In The Microwave
The microwave is probably the quickest way to reheat nachos. But it's also the most likely to result in soggy chips. So, if you're using this method, remove all the cold toppings from the chips beforehand. This step is mandatory.
- Place the chips on a microwave-safe plate.
- Cook for 30 seconds.
- Once done, you can put some grated cheese on top (optional).
- Then, heat for another 30 seconds or until the cheese has melted.
*Side Note: If your leftover nachos are already soggy, don't use the microwave method. Instead, stick to the oven or air-fryer.
On The Stove In A Skillet
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot, add the tortilla chips.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. If you don't have a lid, simply cover it with aluminum foil.
- Once the chips are heated through, remove from heat and serve immediately.
What Is The Best Way To Reheat Nachos?
As you can see, there are several ways to reheat nachos. But in our opinion, the oven and air fryer methods are the best.
Nachos are best enjoyed when fresh and hot out of the oven. But we understand that sometimes, you just can't help but eat them cold. And that's okay!
But the next time you have leftover nachos, don't hesitate to reheat them. Just follow our simple tips and enjoy your favorite snack all over again!