How To Reheat Pizza On The Stove
You enjoyed your favorite snack last night but couldn't manage to finish all? So, what do you do with leftover pizza? Do you chuck it in the trash can? If yes, you're making a big mistake because you can reheat and enjoy it when it is fresh.
It doesn't matter if you threw away the remaining cold pizza before. But you won't have to do that now because you can enjoy your cold pizza by reheating it.
There are several methods to reheat pizza, so you don't need to worry even if you have several slices left.
Can You Reheat Pizza on the Stove?
Yes, definitely; experts and home cooks have experimented a lot to see which method is best for reheating pizza, and most of them agree that using the skillet on a stove delivers the best result. So, let's learn how to reheat pizza on the stove.
- Step 1: Take a skillet and place it on the stove at medium-low heat.
- Step 2: Place your pizza slices on the skillet and wait two minutes.
- Step 3: When you notice that the bottom is crisp, add a little water to the skillet.
- Step 4: Lower the flame and close the pan.
- Step 5: Check in after one minute, and you'll have a nice flaky crust and cheese oozing from the pizza. Cook a while longer if you want a crispier crust.
Other Methods to Reheat Pizza
In The Oven Toaster
Next to the stove, you can also use an oven toaster to reheat pizza. It delivers similar results, and you can still enjoy the pizza like it's still fresh.
In the Oven
You can also use the oven to reheat pizza but be aware that it isn't the best method. Your pizza will get heated, but the process will likely dry out the pizza. You should opt for this method only if you can't use the oven toaster or stove.
In an Air Fryer
You can also reheat pizza in an air fryer, but it may not be convenient if the appliance is small. You will have to reheat several batches.
In the Microwave
Yes, the microwave is a fantastic appliance, and you can quickly cook and heat stuff. But when it comes to pizza, it's the last option, and you can use it only if all other options are out because it can make your pizza quite soggy and inedible.
Benefits of Reheating Pizza on the Stove
- The pizza crust makes full contact with the pan, giving you the same crispness in every portion.
- Your pizza doesn't get soggy; instead, it looks and tastes just like the fresh one you had the previous night.
- The whole reheating process takes just about seven minutes.
- The cheese melts perfectly, and you have a yummy slice to enjoy as breakfast.
- Reheating on the stove doesn't dry the pizza as the oven does.
Few Tips to Keep in Mind When Reheating Pizza
- Use a cast-iron skillet for reheating pizza on the stove. It's the best option. However, a thick bottom non-stick pan will also work if you don't have it.
- It would be best if you didn't keep the leftover pizza in the pan for more than the recommended time, or it can get burned.
- It's also important not to reheat the pizza in high heat. It's best to do as given in the instructions.
- You mustn't add the water directly to the pizza slice; instead, you must add it to the pan.
How to Store Leftover Pizza?
It's best to store leftover pizza in the fridge. However, it would help if you didn't keep it in its box. Use an airtight container, resealable bag, or plastic wrap.
Is Stovetop the Best Option to Reheat Pizza?
Reheating pizza on the stovetop is the best way to get it back to life. You get a crispy and fluffy crust and melted cheese without the dryness, and you can enjoy the same flavors.
You can employ the other methods only if the stovetop option isn't a choice.
What Can You Do With Leftover Pizza?
One exciting fact about leftover pizza is you can enjoy it in multiple ways if you don't want to consume it as it is. Not only can you reheat pizza, but you can make so many dishes using the remaining slices. You can
- Make loaded pizza fries with bacon and cheddar cheese
- Make yummy pizza scrambled eggs for breakfast
- Make pizza French toast
- Make pizza croutons
- Make pizza bread pudding
- Make leftover pizza rolls
- Make pizza potato cakes
- Make pizza meatballs
- Make leftover pizza lasagna
- Make pizza burgers
- Enjoy leftover warm pizza with onion soup
- Make a pizza cake stack
The next time you have leftover pizza, don't throw it away. You can reheat it on the stove and make various dishes like the ones mentioned above.
You can reheat the pizza using the other methods only if you can't use the stove. Use the biggest skillet you have if you have many slices to reheat.