How to reheat rotisserie chicken
Chicken is delicious no matter whichever way you cook it. But some recipes are delicious. Rotisserie chicken is one of the items that makes anyone take more than one bite. It’s a dish where you place the chicken in a rotisserie and let it cook employing direct heat.
If you buy a whole rotisserie chicken or make one at home, it’s likely that you won’t be able to finish it all. Or, if you order a chicken, it may already be cold by the time it arrives. You can eat it cold, but hot or warm meat is tastier. So, how to reheat rotisserie chicken?
Most food tastes great when they are freshly made. But reheated chicken tastes equally yummy. But you must follow the proper steps, or the chicken can get burned, dry or overcooked.
How to Reheat Rotisserie Chicken?
Is your chicken cold? Are you wondering how to reheat it without losing the moistness? The good news is, there are not one, two but at least four ways that you can use to reheat your leftover or whole rotisserie chicken.
- Air Fryer
All the above methods can make your chicken hot again and still keep it moist. Here are the simple steps that you can use to reheat the rotisserie chicken.
The oven is the obvious first choice to perform the task. Reheating your chicken with this technique takes some time, but it’s worth it. You’ll have juicy meat on the inside and crispy skin on the outside.
- First, you have to preheat the oven to 400⁰F or 204.44⁰C.
- The next step is to place the whole or leftover rotisserie chicken in a deep oven-safe pan or a baking dish.
- Pour at least 1/4-inch-deep chicken broth or stock around the chicken.
- Use the pan’s lid or an aluminum foil to cover the dish.
- Let the chicken cook for fifteen to twenty minutes or until you notice the broth starting to bubble.
- Take off the cover or foil and continue the process for three-four minutes more.
- Serve it hot or let it cool down a bit.
Dos and Don’ts
- Don’t let the chicken sit on the countertop too long before reheating, or the meat will become dry.
- It’s also necessary to cover the chicken, or it will lose its moistness and flavor.
- You must also make sure to use the stock. Without it, the meat will get hot, but it will become dry.
You can also use an air fryer to reheat your rotisserie chicken without making it dry or overcooked. It also takes very little time, and you can complete the process in just a few minutes.
- Preheat the appliance to 350⁰F
- Put the chicken in the air fryer and allow it to cook for three-four minutes.
- Take it out and serve hot or let it cool slightly.
Dos and Don’ts
- Don’t cook it more than the necessary time, or the chicken will overcook and lose its juiciness.
The stovetop is another method of reheating rotisserie chicken, especially if it’s in pieces or shredded. Besides, it takes only a few minutes to do it.
- Chop or shred the chicken into small pieces.
- Heat 1 to 3 tablespoons of vegetable or canola oil in a frying pan or a skillet on medium-high heat.
- Put the chicken pieces in the pan once the oil is hot and keep stirring it with a spoon or a spatula for about five minutes.
- Switch off the stove once you think the chicken is warm enough.
Dos and Don’ts
- Don’t use too much oil, or your chicken will become overcooked and greasy.
- Once the chicken is in the pan, stir until you remove it from the heat. Letting your chicken stay in one place for too long can also overcook it.
- Make the chicken pieces small as big size chunks may not warm evenly.
- Since the chicken is fried in oil, no matter how little, it will be greasier, so you can mix it with fresh veggies in a salad or roasted veggies.
You can also use a microwave to reheat your rotisserie chicken. It’s quick and relatively effortless. If you follow the proper steps, you can have juicy and perfectly cooked meat.
- Place the chicken in a microwave-safe utensil.
- Put the appliance on a high for thirty seconds to one minute.
- Check the chicken to see if it’s warm throughout. If not, microwave it for another thirty to sixty seconds. Repeat it until you’re happy with the level of warmth.
Dos and Don’ts
- You don’t need to cover the chicken with anything as it doesn’t make any difference.
- Set the microwave at a high so that your chicken warms up fast. If you set it at low, it will take a longer time to heat up and can dry out the meat.
What to do with Leftover Rotisserie Chicken?
There are so many things that you can do with leftover rotisserie chicken if you don’t want to reheat and eat it like that. You can make or add to
- Fried rice
- Stuffed peppers
- Enchilada rolls
Besides these, you can do even more with the leftover chicken.
What Can You Serve with Rotisserie Chicken?
The chicken is delicious by itself, but you can enjoy it with plenty of other stuff, too, such as
- Mixed veggie salad
- Roasted carrots
- Roasted potatoes
- Grilled mushrooms
- Garlic steamed rice
- Grilled corn
- Mashed cauliflower
- Fruit salad
Now that you know how to reheat rotisserie chicken, it doesn’t matter even if it gets cold or you have a leftover portion. You can follow the simple steps mentioned above, and your chicken will be perfectly cooked.
The rotisserie chicken is versatile and pairs nicely with many items, as mentioned above. So, whether you have a freshly cooked chicken or a leftover one, you have many ways to enjoy it.
Make salads, casseroles, or soups, or enjoy with mushrooms, rice, or potatoes. Any way you eat it, your chicken will taste amazing.