How To Reheat Spaghetti
Many people say that cooking or reheating spaghetti is as easy as pie. But let's face it; cooking perfectly al dente spaghetti is a challenge in itself, let alone reheating it. One moment away from the stove, and your spaghetti could turn into a mushy, rubbery mess. The thought of eating overcooked spaghetti is enough to send anyone running for the nearest take-out place.
But don't worry; there's a way to reheat your spaghetti without ruining it. And with this guide, you'll be able to enjoy your spaghetti leftovers just as much as you enjoyed them the first time around.
The Best Ways To Reheat Spaghetti - 3 Foolproof Methods
Reheating In Boiling Water
This method will result in perfectly cooked spaghetti, provided you stored your cooked spaghetti without any sauce.
Start by bringing a pot of salted water to a boil. Then, remove it from the heat. Immediately add your spaghetti to the pot and let it sit for about 1 minute. The heat from the water will reheat your spaghetti without overcooking. Once your spaghetti is heated through, drain the hot water and transfer the spaghetti to a plate. Add your favorite sauce, and enjoy!
Another way to reheat your spaghetti in boiling water is by using a colander. Similar to the above method, bring some salted water to a boil. Then, transfer your spaghetti to a heat-safe colander and dunk it into the pot of boiling water. Let the spaghetti sit in the colander for about 30 seconds before removing it from the pot. Serve your spaghetti with some sauce, and enjoy!
Reheating In The Microwave
The microwave doesn't have a good rep when it comes to reheating any food item. However, we think it does a pretty good job of reheating spaghetti. Just follow our foolproof tip below:
To reheat your spaghetti in the microwave:
- Start by adding your cooked spaghetti to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add a splash of water to the bowl and cover it with a damp paper towel.
- Microwave your spaghetti for about 1 minute.
- Take it out and stir to check if it's heated through.
- If not, microwave it for another 20 seconds.
- Stir your spaghetti between each microwave session to avoid any hot spots.
Reheating In A Skillet
The skillet is perhaps the best and our favorite way to reheat spaghetti. Not only does it give you ultimate control over the reheating process, but it also allows you to add some extra flavor to your dish. Besides, this method works for both sauced and sauceless spaghetti.
- Heat some olive oil (or anything of your preference) in a skillet over medium flame.
- Simply toss in your spaghetti and sauce. You can also add some garlic, herbs, and seasonings (optional).
- Sauté your spaghetti for about 2 minutes or until it's heated through.
- Once done, give it a quick toss and serve!
Other Alternative Methods
Besides the methods mentioned above, you can also reheat your spaghetti using the following methods:
In The Oven
Not many people know this, but you can actually reheat your spaghetti in the oven by baking it. Much like baking a casserole, your spaghetti will come out crusty on the outside and creamy on the inside. This method works best for reheating sauced spaghetti.
Here's how to do it:
- Transfer your pasta to an oven-safe dish.
- Add some grated cheese if needed.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350° F.
- And voila! Your spaghetti is ready to be served.
Steaming Your Spaghetti
Here's another quick and easy way to reheat your spaghetti:
- Add a few tablespoons of water to a pan and bring to a simmer on low heat.
- Next, add your spaghetti and tightly cover the pan with its lid.
- Cook for about 30 seconds.
- Remove the lid and stir the spaghetti.
- Then, replace the lid and cook for another 20-30 seconds.
- Once done, give it a quick stir and serve immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is The Best Way To Reheat Spaghetti?
The best way to reheat spaghetti depends on your preference and what kind of spaghetti you're using. For instance, if you're heating spaghetti with sauce, the best way would be to use a skillet or an oven. For reheating spaghetti without any sauce, boiling or steaming it would do the trick!
How Long Does Leftover Spaghetti Last?
Most cooked spaghetti, or any pasta dish, last for about 3-5 days in the fridge.
Can You Reheat Pasta?
Yes, pasta is a starchy food, so it can be reheated without any issue. Just make sure to store and reheat it properly to avoid any foodborne illness.
How Do You Reheat Plain Spaghetti?
If you're reheating plain spaghetti, the best way would be to use the boiling or steaming method. This will help keep your pasta moist and prevent it from drying out.